MetaMask is an extension for accessing Ethereum enabled distributed applications, or “Dapps” in your browser!
MetaMask also lets the user create and manage their own identities (via private keys, local client wallet and hardware wallets like Trezor™), so when a Dapp wants to perform a transaction and write to the blockchain, the user gets a secure interface to review the transaction, before approving or rejecting it.
02. Pick version for the Chrome browser and click “Install MetaMask for Chrome”
03. Press “Add to Chrome” button
04. Click “Add extension”
05. Click “Get Started”
06. Pick “Create a Wallet” if you don’t have an Ethereum wallet, or “Import wallet” if you do. In this guide, we will review creation of a new wallet
07. Press “I Agree” button
09. Save secret phrase of 12 words in a safe place and do not show it to anyone. This phrase is the key to your funds in the wallet. You only one who should know it. Keep this secret phrase in front of your eyes for the next step. Click the “Next” button
10. Confirm your Secret Backup Phrase by selecting each phrase in order to make sure it is correct. Then click “Confirm”
11. Click “All done”
12. Pin MetaMask extension to the quick access panel